I have been neglecting this blog a bit lately, and thought I should put that right! So, I asked a friend to pretend she didn’t know me, and ask me 20 quick-fire questions she thought my readers might want to know the answers to! Yes- I know that’s a little bit mad- but I’m a writer- insanity is only ever inches away!!
- 1.Why have you neglected this blog this week?
One of the other mes- Jennifer Ash- has been very busy writing ‘her’ third novel, ‘Edward’s Outlaw’ that will be out this Winter. She is also preparing for the publication of her first two novels, The Outlaw’s Ransom and The Winter Outlaw (Out in March and April- published by Littwizz Press)
- 2. Are you more like Jennifer or Jenny or Kay (Kay Jaybee- erotica) in real life?
- Do you love coffee as much as the characters in your Another Cup of Coffee series?
Even more than they do!
- How do you take it?
Black- nothing added- Americano for preference
- 5. How many cups do you drink a day?
Three – none after 2pm.
- 6. Do you really write in cafes and coffee shops like JK Rowling?
I really do.
- 7.What is your favourite hot drink – apart from coffee?
Coffee is the only hot drink I like- I HATE tea, and I’m allergic to milk, so can’t have hot chocolate, latte etc
- Favourite colour?
- Boots, trainers, or heels?
Boots – I am not sporty, and I’d break my neck in heels. I am very clumsy!
- Are the characters in Another Cup of Coffee based on real people?
Some of them are.
- Which ones?
My lips are sealed.
- Spoil sport- give us a clue?
I knew three of them at University- although I obviously wrote exaggerated versions of them- and they are all still my friends and totally lovely.
- What did you study at University?
I did an Archaeology degree, and then a Medieval History PhD.
- Ohhh- like Amy did in Another Cup of Coffee and like Grace did in Romancing Robin Hood.
Yes- just like Amy and Grace did- I think I can guess the next question!
- So are you Amy or Grace?
I am a little tiny bit both of them.
- You feature Kew Gardens in Another Cup of Coffee and Another Glass of Champagne. Have you been there, or did you just research in on Google?
I’ve been there a few times. I really like just wondering around the various greenhouses- and sitting in the cafe of course!
- Jack and Rob run a bookshop in Another Cup of Coffee, is that based on a real place?
No, that I invented.
- What would you say always surprises people when they meet you?
That I wear hearing aids. I am 80% deaf.
- Do you prefer being Kay Jaybee- Queen of BDSM Kink- or Jenny Kane- writer of book chocolate- or Jennifer Ash- medieval crime writer ?
I love being all of them – it is wonderful to be able to create such different styles of work, and thus- hopefully- make more people happy when they read! (Well- that’s the plan!)
- What is Jenny going to do next?
Jenny has just finished a new novel – it’s being edited at the moment. Meanwhile, I’m preparing for the re-launch of Romancing Robin Hood! very exciting- it will be out the first week of February- not long now
Thanks for dropping by!