I have been neglecting this blog a little this week, and thought I should put that right! So, I asked a friend to pretend she didn’t know me, and ask me 20 quick-fire questions she thought my readers might want to know the answers to! Yes- I know that’s a little bit mad- but I’m a writer- insanity is only ever inches away!!
- 1.Why have you neglected this blog this week?
The other me- Kay Jaybee– has had a new novel released this week- I’ve been concentrating on promoting that. (The Retreat- Part 2 of The Perfect Submissive Trilogy)
- 2. Are you more like Kay or Jenny in real life?
- Do you love coffee as much as the characters in Another Cup of Coffee?
Even more than they do!
- How do you take it?
Black- nothing added- Americano for preference
- 5. How many cups do you drink a day?
- 6. Do you really write in cafes and coffee shops like JK Rowling?
I really do.
- 7.What is your favourite hot drink – apart from coffee?
Coffee is the only hot drink I like- I HATE tea, and I’m allergic to milk, so can’t have hot chocolate, latte etc
- Favourite colour?
- Boots, trainers, or heels?
Boots – I am not sporty, and I’d break my neck in heels. I am very clumsy!
- Are the characters in Another Cup of Coffee based on real people?
Some of them are.
- Which ones?
My lips are sealed.
- Spoil sport- give us a clue?
I knew three of them at University- although I obviously wrote exaggerated versions of them- and they are all still my friends and totally lovely.
- What did you study at University?
I did an Archaeology degree, and then a Medieval History PhD.
- Ohhh- like Amy did…?
Yes- just like Amy did- well, the archaeology bit anyway- I think I can guess the next question!
- So are you Amy?
I am a little tiny bit, but only a little bit. I am more like Kit- but not too much!!!
- You feature Kew Gardens in the book, have you been there, or did you just research in on Google?
I’ve been there a few times. I really like just wondering around the various greenhouses- and sitting in the cafe of course!
- Jack and Rob run a bookshop in Another Cup of Coffee, is that based on a real place?
No, that I invented.
- What would you say always surprises people when they meet you?
That I wear hearing aids. I am 80% deaf.
- Do you prefer being Kay Jaybee- Queen of BDSM Kink- or Jenny Kane- Writer of book chocolate?
I love being both of them – it is wonderful to be able to create such different styles of work, and thus- hopefully- make more people happy when they read! (Well- that’s the plan!)
- What is Jenny going to do next?
I’m writing a Christmas spin off from Another Cup of Coffee– a novella length piece, which should hopefully get to you all in time for this year’s festive season.
I hope my answers made you smile! I am certainly smiling- for Another Cup of Coffee is still selling really well!
If you fancy seeing what all the fuss is about- then you can order your copy of Another Cup of Coffee here…
Thanks for dropping by!